Wednesday, October 29, 2008

October 29, 2008

Dear Family and Friends,

Well, it’s getting chilly in Jacksonville! The humid cold is setting in. I wore my trench coat for the first time yesterday. So this past week was kind of crazy. We had a lot of fun but also a lot of work.

Last Friday was the ward’s “Trunk or Treat”. We had a lot of fun. I dressed up as an FBI agent and Elder Sellers dressed up as a backwards missionary. So we had fun. There was also a chili cook off so we had a lot of chili. It was yummy.

So for this Halloween, we aren’t supposed to proselyte. Apparently, it is too dangerous so we are just going to go over to the Witts that night.

So this is the last week for Elder Sellers and then he goes back home to North Las Vegas, Nevada. He is excited to go home but he is sad because he is going to miss missionary work. It was kind of hard for me this week as well because he had a lot of “trunky” comments so it made me think of home but I got over it. So next time I write, I will be getting a new companion. Let’s hope he is a hard worker! :) I just hope that I stay in Jacksonville.

Now, lets get an update on the investigators:

1. Kimi – So we finally contacted Kimi and she has a cell phone that none of the missionaries knew about so we tired that but it is disconnected. Her home phone works now but she is ignoring our calls. I think she is avoiding us but I think that we will be able to contact her in the near future. Lets hope and pray!

2. Joey and Amber – So we taught a lesson with Joey and Amber (sort of). She had to leave about half way in the lesson so it was only Joey. We have an appointment with him tonight and I think we are going to set a baptismal date with him. We will see how it goes.

3. Jimmy Baldwin and Judy – So when we went to our appointment on Saturday with him, he dogged. He called us instead and said that he would come to church. He didn’t so we dropped by his house last night and he was there. He had no shirt on so it was gross. :) But I am not sure how interested he is anymore. He has a testimony but his girlfriend Judy wants to keep going to her church and his family is still giving him a hard time about the “mormon” church.

4. Gabby (Patrick and Lori) – We have another appoint with Patrick on Saturday and Gabby is still learning. I am hoping that we can soften Patrick’s heart to the point where he will let Gabby be baptized and maybe even get him baptized. Only time will tell.

5. Maurice – We are going to start re-teaching him the lessons. We have a feeling that he is starting to lose interest so, we got to get him excited about it again.

6. Jimmy Allen and Family- We still haven’t had the first discussion with him just visits. It’s kind of frustrating because he keeps rescheduling. We will get him eventually

7. Eddie – We contacted him and have taught him twice. Read quiet guy but really nice. Smokes a lot but we are going to his house tonight and watching the restoration. It should be great!

Well, that’s my week for you. Next week, I could get transferred to a new area! Probably not, but with President Drewes, anything can happen. I will for sure get a new companion though, so I will send you more information when it comes.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I am praying for all of you as well! I love you all!

Love,

Elder Parker

No comments: