Wednesday, February 18, 2009

February 16, 2009

Dear Family,

Hello! I hope y'all had a good week. We had a great week so let me explain.

We got a media referral for a Book of Mormon so we decided to deliver it. We get there and she is a smoker. We started to talk with her and she was telling us that she has studied with Mormons before. She was also telling us how her daughter up in Illinois was baptized about a year ago. So, we teach her the first lesson and we feel the spirit so strong that we extended a baptismal commit for March 7th and she accepted! That was so exciting. Then to top it all off, she came to church. That was really cool. She seemed to really enjoy herself. So I am excited for her. We just got to help her quit smoking. That will be interesting.

I have some good news. The Jacksonville Elders called me up and told me that Ed Claxton was getting baptized! I was so excited so I called him myself and he confirmed it. And to top it all off, he asked me to baptize him! What an honor so we are going down this weekend so I can do that. I am so excited. I hope that he can make it through the week. :)

I also wanted to thank you mom and dad for the pizza. They delivered it at like 9:45 pm. We were getting ready for bed and Elder Gift answered the door. The lady said, "Is Kyle here?", Elder Gift then says, "No, there is no Kyle here." Then she said, "Well, I have a pizza from his parents." Gift says, "Is it paid for?" "Yes." "Oh, yeah, there is a Kyle here, hold on. Parker! Door!" Ha ha. She probably thought that we just wanted free pizza. But thank you. Me and Elder Gift enjoyed that very much!

So overall, we had a good week. We are working with a lot of Part-member families and teaching there non-members. It is exciting! I hope all of you are doing good. I am praying for you all and hope all is well. I love you. Until Next week!

Love,

Elder Parker

No comments: