Thursday, November 20, 2008

November 19, 2008

Dear Family,

Hello! So, it is starting to get colder here. I just bought some gloves and a hat for the first time so it is definatly starting to get colder. The work here is improving.

We have a couple new investigators and are teaching new people. We have been having some problems with being not being at there appointments but that’s ok. I know that things will definitely start to improve.

We also have been working more with the members and helping them be more missionary minded and the spirit is always strong.
So the main investigators we have now are: Jim Allen, Maurice, Gabby, Joey and Ebony. That is all that I can think of that are progressing. We have all hit a road block on all of them but I pray that they will progress soon. I have faith and I try to stay positive. That is the best I can do.
I would though, would like to share a spiritual experience with y’all. We had a lesson with Maurice yesterday and we talked about Baptism and how he needed to know a lot of information to get baptized. We read the talk entitled, “You know enough” by Neil A. Anderson. That went well and then we helped feel the spirit and we got on our knees and told him to pray about Baptism and ask heavenly father if that is right. When the prayer was finished, we asked him how he felt and he said that his chest was burning. He said that he felt the spirit. We told him it was time to get baptized. The spirit was strong and he said that he still wants to wait. We still don’t know what is holding him back but at least he got his answer! I am so grateful for that. Now, it is only a matter of time.

I am grateful for the many investigators the Lord has blessed me with and I hope that we will be able to baptize some soon!
Me and Elder Noorda are doing ok. We had a talk on Monday about each other and decided that we both need to love each other more. Things have started to improve which is good and I have learned how to have that Christ-like love toward someone you may not like. It’s hard, but it can be done.

I am grateful for the many prayers that I receive from y’all on my behalf. May heavenly father bless you for that. Until Next week!

Love,


Elder Parker

No comments: