Friday, November 28, 2008

November 26, 2008

Dear Family,

I hope all is well with all of you. As you all know, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I hope that all of you have amazing plans and get to spend it with family and friends. You know, this is be an interesting Thanksgiving. It is my first one away from home so I don’t really know what it is like to not have family around during the holidays. I guess I will find out tomorrow. So we have one dinner appointment with the family called the Baclawski’s. They are a great family and we are going with the senior couple, the Witts. So I am pretty excited. It should be fun. We then plan on dropping in on some less-actives to wish them a happy thanksgiving. We also have the turkey bowl tomorrow morning so that should be pretty fun!

So, our zone is making a christmas movie for zone conference next week so I am going to get an extra copy of it and send it home. That should be fun for all of you. I am also planning on sending some christmas postcards home to y’all as well so be looking in the mail in a few days/weeks.

So, we are working with some cool investigators. We are now working with a guy named Ken. He took the first lesson and really felt the spirit, then we came back and watched the Restoration DVD with him. The spirit was strong and told us when church was and he wanted his wife to listen in on the discussions. So I thought that that was pretty neat. I hope all is well with him.

Kimi called us and told us about her situation. She is moving and said that she wants to meet with us again. I thought for sure we lost her but I think we will take it a little slow with her. She is extremely hard to contact. But I am excited and have faith that things will work out.
We went with the Witts to a meeting with Jim Allen and they really clicked. So we are going to continue to meet with him. He told us very bluntly that he doesn’t want to be pushed so we are also going to take it slow with him. He is so golden though. He loves the Book of Mormon. When we give him something to read, he reads it plus more! He is ready to be baptized but like I said, he wants to wait. So we are excited for him!

Well, that’s all that I can think of at the moment. I hope y’all have a great thanksgiving day. Eat a lot of turkey and offer a prayer of thanks to your heavenly father for all that you have. Thank you for the love and support that you continually give me. I appreciate the prayers on my behalf as well. I need them everyday and I am grateful to have family and friends that are willing to do that for me! Happy Thanksgiving! Until next week!

Love,


Elder Parker

No comments: