Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 13, 2009

Dear Family,

Hello, hello! This week was a really good week, overall that is. So let me update!

We had a couple of appointments this week with Joseph Luther and Christina. They were going really good until later in the week. We had an appointment with them and they didn't show up to it. So the next day, we decided to drop in on him to see if we could set up another appointment with him. He the preceded to tell us that "I have been reading the bible and I prayed about it and I think I am going to stick with my church." I think that he got antied and got stuff told about us that isn't true. His wife wasn't really gun-ho about it as he was but whatever, you win some, you lose some.

We went on exchanges with the district leader. I went with Elder Bond (The district leader) and Elder Hansen went with Elder Irwin. I stayed in Pocahontas while Elder Hansen went to Jonesboro. It was a lot of fun. We went and saw a lot of people and set up a lot of appointments which is good. Elder Bond's first name is Parker and he is from Orem. I thought that was very interesting. Really good missionary though, he is a Spanish missionary.

Terrell and Rita moved once again. They moved to Little Rock and so we never had the chance to meet with them again.

We got ourselves a new investigator. His name is Kevin Cowles. He is 16 years old and the Winegars, (senior couple) was teaching him and the rest of his family and siblings. He was really knowledgeable but he didn't have a testimony of Joseph Smith. So we all took turns and prayed about it. He got his answer. It was a neat experience. So he committed to be baptized on the 26 of April. I am so excited for him. He came to church yesterday and told people when he was getting baptized. He is excited as am I. It will be my first one! Yay! Let's hope it goes through. I really do appreciate the prayers. They really do help!

We are teaching two old ladies, Lola and Pam. We talked about the Book of Mormon and how to pray about it to find out if it is true. They were really nice and they enjoy our company as well. She says that we are her children and that she is our mother. I laughed. She is a good lady.

This week was also Easter weekend. We had a lot of people come and I also talked on Sunday. I spoke about Faith in Jesus Christ. I thought that it went pretty good. Sister Winegar also put on an Easter egg hunt at her house. She hid eggs everywhere and me, Elder Hansen, and Elder Winegar looked for them. They were chocolate eggs and they had a scripture on each of them so we had to look up the scripture before we could eat it. It was fun!

So this is the last week of Transfer #6 for me. I sure hope I don't get transferred because I really like it here and there is a lot of potential here as well. I am excited for the work here. I love you all and I am grateful for your love, support and prayers. Thanks again! I will continue to pray for y'all! The Gospel is true!

Love,

Elder Parker

Pictures included: Exchanges with the District Leader Elder Bond, Easter lunch at the Ginns, Easter egg coloring at the Winegars!

No comments: