Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27, 2009 (Baptism!!)

Dear Family,

So we had a great week. I want to announce that we did get a baptism this week! Kevin Cowles got baptized on Saturday, April 25. But the story of it is hilarious! So, we started the baptismal service and everything was going good. Elder Winegar was given the ok to baptize Kevin. So he gets in the font and puts his hand up in the air and starts to stay, "Kevin Michael Cowles, by the authority of the...." then he realized that he was saying the baptismal prayer wrong and starts to say it and misses a couple of words. Well, me and Elder Hansen were the witnesses. Elder Winegar was about to dunk Kevin but we stopped him and told him that he needed to do it again. So he said it again but he said "by" instead of "of" and he forgot to say "Amen" at the end. Well, before we could stop him from dunking Kevin, he goes ahead dunks him. During all this, Elder Winegar loses his footing and falls backward in the font. Everyone in the congregation starts to laugh. Poor Elder Winegar, he gets his footing again and in a really frustrated voice says the baptismal prayer correctly. They get it done and it was hard to get the crowd to stop laughing. Elder Winegar is still beating himself up. Oh well, it needs to be done right, no matter how many times you need to do it.

Kevin then asked me to Confirm him. I have never done that before so that was a new experience for me. I was nervous but I got the job done. :) I am excited that he became a member of the church. I am so happy for him! I think more people will come into the church because of him. I have no doubt.

I hope y'all have had a good week because I know I did. I'm fixin' to have another good week, I hope! I pray for all y'all constantly. Thank you for the support, love and prayers. May the Lord bless you! I love you!

Love,

Elder Parker

No comments: