Monday, August 10, 2009

August 10, 2009

Dear Family,

“I’m going to Jackson! I’m going to mess around!” –Johnny Cash

I hope all y’all are doing great. Sounds to me like everyone is all over the place having a good time so I hope all is well and that you are being safe!

We had a good week. We got to see some of our investigators and give a blessing to a non-member in a hospital. It was great!

We had a Bible study at a apartment complex with some members that lived there. They helped us set this Bible study up and we had a pretty good turn out. About 5-10 people, all non-members showed up. We decided to read out of John 3. We just read the chapter and talked about the verses and let everyone participate. We then ended with our testimonies about Jesus Christ. At the end, some people asked if us “Mormons” believe in Jesus Christ. I then asked the question to everyone “Do Mormons believe in Jesus Christ?” and everyone in the group said yes. So we definitely cleared up some misconceptions and felt the spirit. We are planning on doing this on a monthly basis so I think that eventually after planting some seeds, we will find someone that will be interested.

Adam Moore, a less active, has been coming back to church lately and he has been bringing his girlfriend(who is a non-member) to church with him. We will eventually begin to teach her and him again.

We are still working with Sister Green and Sarah. Sarah went out of town so she couldn’t make it to church and Sister Green wasn’t there because I am assuming that her health wasn’t too good on Sunday. But she is definitely doing better.

Continue to pray for us. We really need to find some more solid investigators and the prayers that you are doing for me are definitely helping! Thank you so much! They mean more than you know!

The gospel is true and I love to feel the spirit. Strive to live worthy of it every single day! Stay strong and be good!

Love,

Elder Kyle Parker

No comments: