Monday, December 29, 2008

December 10, 2008

Dear Family,

Hello, Hello. So time is getting closer in the air. People everywhere are talking about Jesus Christ. It is wonderful to be a missionary during this time because we get to tell them about his restored church on the earth once again!

This was a good past week. We had great lessons with some of our investigators! So last time I talked about a less active that we visited with one of the AP’s. They are called the Claxtons. She is a less-active and her husband is not a member. We are currently teaching her husband and they have us over for dinner every week. It is great! They both came to church last Sunday! She hadn’t been for more than 5 years so it was a big surprise to see them there.

Gabby was also there. She is the 11 year investigator. And she got up and bore her testimony. That is so awesome! I was so proud of her!

Last Saturday, we did some service at the Edwards and we made a big burn pile and burned it. It was a lot of fun. Don’t worry, I was careful! Then later that night we had the ward Christmas party. In my opinion, it was kind of lame but it was fun nonetheless.

Funny story, we got a referral from the bishop about an hour before the Christmas party. A guy wanted a Book of Mormon but he was being deployed to Iraq in an hour. So we hurried up to where this guy lived. He lived out in the forest in a trailer park. We find his trailer and he answers the door. He has long hair, long beard and a beer in his hand. He tells us to come on in and he told us how the Air force was going to come pick him up in an hour and how he was a bomb technician. It was really weird. We gave him the Book of Mormon and he told us how someone read Jacob to him. So we turned to the Book of Jacob and gave him the book and he pointed to Jacob 1:2. We read it to him (It’s about Jacob writing in the plates or something like that.) and he said “That’s what the air force is going to do with me, isn’t it?” Me and Elder Noorda look at each other and both agreed we needed to get out of there. So we did. He started to follow us out so Elder Noorda told me, “Go, go, go, go, go!” So we got out of there fast. It was funny. Drunk people are very interesting.

I enjoyed the Christmas devotional. That was a lot of fun. I liked the talks.

I hope my family enjoyed the movie that our Zone made. If you want to see it, just talk to my mom and dad.

Thank you for your love and support. I really appreciate it! Thank you for the prayers on my behalf, they really help me continue on! I love and miss all of you!

Love,

Elder Parker

No comments: