Monday, December 29, 2008

December 17, 2008

Dear Family,

Hello everyone! I hope all is well with everyone. Well, this week was the last week of the transfer. It ended really well. I was very happy.

We talked to the Claxton’s last Friday and gave him and her a Book of Mormon and went over it with them. It was great. Ed Claxton, the guy we are teaching, played the guitar for us. It was awesome. Then, the both showed up for church on Sunday. It was great! Second week in a row. Yeah! We also did some service for them so we are really working for them.

Saturday, we went with the Witts(Senior Couple Missionaries in Jacksonville) and taught Patrick. We finally got him when we were running kind of late after Gabbys lesson. The lesson with Patrick went really well. He had a lot of questions and we tried to answer them the best we could. We ended up staying there for around 2 hours. It was crazy! But, go Witts because they have been struggling. That’s ok though, they are surviving.

Sunday was awesome! I gave a talk on “Becoming a better member missionary” I got a lot of compliments on the talk so that was very nice of the ward. I hope that got the ward excited about missionary work.

So since Sunday night, we have been spending our days with Elder Gift, the zone leader, because his companion, Elder Pratt, became AP (Assistant to the President). He got a new companion, Elder Jensen. He is pretty cool. He is from Minnesota. So we have had some fun together. Luckily, I didn’t get transferred so, I am staying in Jacksonville for Christmas! We have a lot of fun plans next week for Christmas so it should be fun.

I am excited to call y’all on Christmas day! It should be a lot of fun. If you have any questions for me, make sure to write them down so you remember to ask me when I have you on the phone. I have a couple of things to tell you all as well.

Thanks again for the e-mails and letters you all send me. Thank you for the prayers on my behalf, I really appreciate it. They really mean a lot to me. I probably won’t be e-mailing next week due to I will be calling home! Yay!

Oh, before I forget. ***Important Notice*** P-day will now be on Mondays starting January 1, 2009. So when the next year comes around, P-day will be on Monday instead of Wednesday. Thanks again!

Love,

Elder Parker

No comments: