Monday, March 16, 2009

March 16, 2009 (New companion, same city, Senior Companion!)


Dear Family,

Well, this week has gone by pretty fast. It's weird because when I was with Elder Gift, time just slowed really down. He was counting down the days....then again, I couldn't really blame him because everyone would ask him when he was going home. He called me on Saturday and he told me how weird it was to be home. He is doing good. Still trying to find a job though.

So, a little story on Elder Hansen. I went to transfer meeting on Wednesday. When President Drewes announced who my companion was, he wasn't there. He never got the call that he was getting transferred. So, he had to pack up everything and say goodbye to all of the converts he had the opportunity to baptize and the members there. I felt really bad for him because he was supposed to know he was leaving on Sunday night but President forgot to call him! Poor kid! He was a good sport about it though. We got in at like 9 pm Wednesday night.

This week, the Winegars (the senior couple next door) had their boy, his wife and grandkids come and visit because he was going to do a fireside for the youth on Sunday. Their bishop and his wife also came and visited. They left this morning. They were fun to get to know. The fireside was great. They shared a bunch of personal stories and the spirit was really strong, it was a neat experience.

We are teaching a Part-member family, the rings. Christie is the non-member. She is very close to being baptized. The husband is less-active and I feel like he is just burned out of church. He is just tired of it but I think that he will come around. She came to church on Sunday which was good. Then we had a potluck after church. It was all Italian food. It was good and boy was I full!

Other than that, we have a good week ahead of us. We are struggling with finding new investigators but we found out that other missionaries have old teaching records of people that were once taught here so I think that that might help us. I am excited to get a hold of them!

I love all of you, Thank you for your prayers, thoughts and support. May the lord bless you all! You are in my prayers as well!

Love,

Elder Parker

No comments: