Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 11, 2010

Dear Family,

Things in West Memphis are doing pretty good. Let me tell you about the week.

The Taylors, Zach and Steve are doing ok. They are really being tempted and tried by Satan. They didn’t come to church because Steve was really sick, throwing up and everything. His wife just got told that she has 3 months to live. Zach still has cancer and has to go to St. Jude’s for treatment. So, as I said before, Satan is working really hard on that family. They both have a date for the 23rd of January so hopefully they will be able to make it. Steve has a Word of Wisdom problem but he seems to be working on it. Zach is excited to be baptized so I think that he will be able to make his date.

Arthur, a friend of the Taylors, also has a date for the 23rd of January. He is excited and really wants his life to change for the better and I think that he sees that this church and gospel can do that for him.

This week was kind of sad due to the fact that not a lot of people were home. It was cold this week, it even snowed. Only about a ½ inch though. :) It has been really cold lately though, especially with the humidity, making it 10 times colder. Burr!

I am doing pretty good though. We are working with other people but waiting for a lot of them to progress. I know this gospel is true and I love my savior!

Love,

Elder Parker

No comments: