Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6, 2010

Dear Family,


Sorry I didn’t e-mail yesterday. I noticed that the South really likes to celebrate Christian holidays like Good Friday and Easter. So, they decided to close the library yesterday so I couldn’t e-mail yesterday so, alas, I am here today.


We had a pretty good week. We did some service for a guy that is not a member and he is actually moving to Salt Lake. He works for discover and so he got transferred out there. So as we were moving him, he had two memory foam beds that he couldn’t pack with him so he offered them to us. Well, we had a truck so we took them. I haven’t slept so good my whole mission. It is fantastic. It is the first time I have slept in a bed on my mission where when I wake up, my back doesn’t hurt. Yay for that!


We are working with Karyn and Nycole Nostrud. They have a baptismal date for the 17th of April. We are pretty excited. The story there is that we found an ex-communicated member who came back to church who wants to come back. Well, he has a wife and daughter who aren’t members so we are currently teaching them! Hope all goes well, this coming week.


General Conference was great. I really enjoyed it this year. The common theme that I saw this year was about the Family and how you should raise your kids in the gospel and make sure that you teach them about Jesus Christ and stuff. My thoughts were towards Whitney, Brandon, Chad, Cindy, Danny and June. I know that all y’all have kids and that you are getting ready to have kids and so I know that a lot of that applied to you. It is so important that we raise our kids in the gospel because as the prophet and Apostles say, they are indeed the “rising generation”.


Roy Bullington did get baptized on Sunday in between sessions of Conference. It was a good baptism and he had a lot of support there which is good. It always is a good feeling to see someone get baptized.


I know that this is Christ’s true church on the earth. What a great time to live here when it is here. I am grateful that I am a missionary and am able to share the gospel. I love y’all and thanks for the love, support and prayers y’all have given me. Love you!


Love,


Kyle (Elder Parker)


Pictures include: (Me, Roy Bullington, Brother Richard Floyd, Elder Grigg) , (Easter Dinner at the Stewards)

No comments: