Thursday, May 20, 2010

May 17, 2010

Dear Family,


Hello, I am doing well. We are getting it done in Jackson. Things are going well and I am enjoying training my new companion. Not only it is a learning experience for him but for me as well. I would like to thank all of those who thought of me on my birthday. It made me happy and loved. Thank you!


We had a very unique opportunity to go to a special stake conference with Elder Holland. It was really cool. We got there like 2 hours before it started and got front row seats, it was great. While he was giving his talk, he saw us and stopped his talk and said, “Oh, hey Elders, how are you doing?” We nod our heads. “You Elders working hard?” We nod our heads again. “Good.” He then turns to the mission president who was up on the stand as well and asked “They working hard?” The mission president nods his head. “Good. You Elders keep it up.” It was so crazy because that was in front of the whole stake. He would look at us a lot during his talk too. It was really cool. He is very funny and a lot different when he isn’t in Conference.


We are trying in get in contact with a lot of our investigators. My comp is learning about “dogged” appointments but that is something you will always run into as a missionary. Good for him though. :)


Other than that, we are just working hard, not a whole lot to update you on. I love you very much and thank you for your love, support and prayers in my behalf.


Love,


Kyle
(Elder Parker)


No comments: