Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 12, 2009

Dear Family,

This last week was busy and great! We accomplished a lot and we taught a lot which is always great! So let me update y’all on what’s been going on.

We have been teaching Jim again. After a long time, he is back on board after a long Christmas break. He is progressing slowly but I think we are getting closer to him.

We found a new family to teach! They are the Dias family. They are all Mexican and I think they are all Catholic but she really likes us and the Book of Mormon. She has a 4 kids and 2 of them are old enough to be baptized. We had a first lesson with Shakira (The mom) and brought with us a member that can speak Spanish. Shakira can speak English really well but when the member talked to her, she spoke in Spanish. The spirit was really strong, it was great.

Thinks are great with the Claxtons. We are still teaching Ed and they feed us Dinner every single night we go over. And it’s all made from Scratch! She is so nice to us.

Zone Conference was last week. It was really good. I had to give a talk on Humility and so that went good. We learned a new tracting method too. So overall it was a great learning experience.

So overall, we have just been busy. The week kind of went by low but hey, that’s ok, I don’t mind it at all. The transfer is coming to a close and I have no idea whether or not I will get transferred. I don’t find out until 2 weeks from today. I have been here 3 transfers in Jacksonville but with President, I could stay or go. I don’t know. It’s up to the Lord.

This last weekend was Stake Conference. We had a satellite broadcast from Julie B. Beck, Elder Gonzales, Elder Holland and President Uchdorf. It was really cool. The one I remember the most is Elder Holland’s talk about forgiveness and forgiving yourself and others. The broadcast was transmitted to Arkansas, Mississippi, Missouri and Louisiana. It was an awesome spiritual experience. Never have seen a stake conference like that before so that was a neat experience.

That’s it from me in Arkansas. I am trying my hardest. Thanks for the prayers on my behalf. They are much needed and appreciated! I love all of you and thank you!

Love,



Elder Parker

No comments: