Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 5, 2009

Dear Family,

Hello and welcome to the new year! It is 2009! That is so crazy! Where did the time go? I reflected back on the year 2008 and what I did during that time. At the beginning I was still recovering from my foot surgery on my right foot. It wasn’t very fun but I eventually healed. Then I started a semester at UVSC now UVU. That was interesting because I never had gone to college before so yeah. Then I got foot surgery on my left foot. That was painful! I was still in college when that happened. I remember because I had to ride around on a roll-a-bout. That was fun and yet very embarrassing to ride around in front of people at college. Oh well, it was a lot better that crutches. :) Then I got my mission call to the Arkansas Little Rock Mission and I entered the MTC in July. I have served in Cordova, Tennessee and Jacksonville, Arkansas during that time. So, what a year!

Monday was Brother Kassner’s B-day so a bunch of missionaries came and we hung out at his house it was fun. Then Wednesday was New Year’s Eve. We went to a Less-actives house and played Yahzee with them. We didn’t stay until midnight there, we left at 8:45 so don’t worry!

This weekend we did exchanges with the office elders and also the zone leaders and AP’s. It was crazy but fun! We found a new family to teach. They are a mexican family and the mom came to church this last Sunday. It was awesome! Ed Claxton and his wife also came to church! It was great.

Things with Ed are going a little bit slow because he has told us that. But as I said before, he knows that we want to Baptize him. Our investigators are awesome, it’s just all of them wa nt to take it slow. That’s ok, I am excited for all of them. This new year started out great!
Well, Thanks for the constant support. I really appreicate it! I really means a lot. Thank you for the love and prayers that you give me on my behalf. Until next week!

Love,


Elder Parker

No comments: