Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19, 2009

Dear Family,

This past week was really good. A lot of good things are happening! Let me explain!

We are teaching Shakira Dias right now. She is that Catholic lady. We taught her about the priesthood authority and how Jesus Christ’s church is back on the earth. So she sees that our church is different from others. She had us over for dinner Saturday night which was awesome. She is getting good fellowship from the members which is good.

We had a good lesson with Jim Allen. We watched the Testaments and he really felt the spirit but he still hasn’t received an answer to his prayer. I know that he felt the spirit its just that he is probably scared to change because his family is against it. I guess we will continue to pray for him.

We had a good lesson with Ed Claxton and taught about the gospel of Jesus Christ (Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the gif to the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the end). We testified and tried to commit him to baptism but he still hasn’t received an answer yet so we got on our knees and all of us prayed about it and the spirit was so strong. I know that he felt it because we asked him but he says that he hasn’t gotten an answer yet and still wants to wait. We will continue to pray for him as well.

So this may be my last week here in Jacksonville, Arkansas. We had interviews with the president a couple of weeks ago and he said that there may be a possibility that I may be transferred. I have been here since September so I have been here a while (3 transfers). Then again, I could stay another transfer. It’s all dependent on the Lord. But next e-mail, I will have the information whether or not I am getting transferred.

I hope all is well with everyone. I am praying for all y’all. I hear a lot of crazy things are happening in our family. Try to stay safe! I love all y’all!

Love,



Elder Parker

No comments: