Thursday, July 8, 2010

July 5, 2010

Dear Family,

Hello! Happy 4th of July yesterday! I hope that all y’all had a wonderful holiday weekend. Let me tell you about my week.

We are still working with Lisa and we finally got to meet with her on Thursday. She is Jehovah Witness. She has a hard time believing that Jesus Christ is Jehovah so we committed her to pray about it and read part of the Book of Mormon. She is progressing well and hopefully we will be able to set a baptismal date with her soon!

We were working with Gary Begin but he doesn’t seem to be progressing very well. I actually got a call from President Drewes (The mission president) and he told me that we shouldn’t go see him that much anymore because he isn’t progressing at all and he knows him personally. He said that he isn’t ready yet, which is totally understandable. So other missionaries will look him up.

As we have been visiting Big Mama, she has a great grandson that has moved in with her and he is 9 years old. His name is Makaylynn(sp). It is pronounced like that, I know that much. So we are meeting with him on Tuesday for the first time so we are going to strive to set a date with him on that day because he has already been to church and has expressed the desire to be baptized! So we are excited there.

Our weekend was good. We went to a cookout with a whole hog! It was actually pretty good. Everything was good this holiday weekend, despite the fact that I have been coughing for several days. But, don’t worry, I have already talked to Sister Drewes and a doctor who is a member in Jackson who helps me get better, ok mom? I love you!

Thank you for all of your love, support and prayers in my behalf. I love y’all and have a good week.

Love,

Kyle
(Elder Parker)

Pictures Include: (The whole hog BBQ) , (A band that they had, sang gospel, Johnny Cash, etc)

No comments: