Sunday, September 6, 2009

August 31, 2009

Dear Family,

Wow, a matter of fact, this was a good week that we had. A lot has happened, so I will fill you on in the details.

We saw Big Mama and it did well with her. Apparently, she has the occational tea so when we told her about the word of wisdom, she said that she will try and do what we tell her to do so I am super excited about that. It shouldn’t be too hard to overcome.

We found a new investigator this week. His name is Bernard. He is an old retired guy and he order a bible from our church. When we shared the first lesson with him, he enjoyed, so we came back and brought him a book of mormon. It was great. We brought with us, Bro. Yarbrough to one of the lessons and I think that it went great! Bernard has already told us that he believes in the Book of Mormon.

Sunday was a good day as well. The 5th Sunday is a combined meeting with the Priesthood and Relief Society. We were given the 3rd hour by the bishop, so we passed our Preach My Gospel’s and Book of Mormons and asked the people to write there testimony in them. I think the ward is really getting motivated with missionary work and that is great! I am really excited for it!

Other than that, I am pretty happy. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What a wonderful day and age we live in to enjoy the blessing of the restored Gospel. I challenge all of you to invite your non-member friends to talk to the missionaries. The Lord will bless you, as I have seen it happen before. I love you and thank you for your love and support.

Love,

Elder Parker

No comments: