Monday, September 28, 2009

September 14, 2009

Dear Family,

Wow, what a great week this has been. It has also been quite busy so that is good as well.

Well, we had Zone Conference on Thursday. It was good to see some of my mission buddies again and of course, President. It was a good, uplifting conference.

Deb Dunham, Brother Yarbrough’s sister, is doing great! She hasn’t smoked since Thursday! Her baptism is on Saturday. She asked her brother to baptize her. That is so awesome! I love to see that happen! It will be another busy and stressful week but it will also be very rewarding.

Ada Green (Big Mama) finally got baptized on Sunday after church. She asked me to baptize her so I did. It was such an honor and privilege to do that. She is such a neat lady and will always have a special place in my heart. She was hard to teach at times because she sure loves to talk. But when I talk to her, I love every minute of it. I wish y’all could meet her because she is an awesome lady with a strong testimony. She will get confirmed next Sunday.

This coming week is going to be busy which is good. I hope that I can get through it. I am grateful for the many prayers on my behalf. I really don’t think I would have had success without them. Thank you very much!

Love,

Elder Parker

Pictures include: (Elder Cortez, Ada Green (Big Mama), Me) (Me, Sister White, Martin, Elder Cortez, Maurice, and Big Mama)

No comments: