Monday, September 28, 2009

September 28, 2009

Dear Family,

Hello Hello. This week wasn’t a very eventful one so sorry about that. We are trying to find new investigators and it is kind of hard. This coming week is the last week of the transfer. We really don’t know what is going to happen to either of us. President Drewes kind of hinted that I might be staying but you never know with that man. I have been in Jackson, Tennessee for 4 and ½ months now. I haven’t stayed in an area longer than that so statistics show that the logical choice would be that I get transferred but transfers aren’t supposed to be logical, they are spiritual and it is up to the Lord whether I get transferred or not.

This past week we have been focusing on Less-actives and Part-member families. I guess one of the general authorities have instituted a program where the ward council comes up with 15 names that are either Less-active, Part Member or Non-member. Then one of the ward leader ship are to personally invite them to be taught by the missionaries (receive the discussions). Then they are to tell us and then we are to teach. So far, we haven’t gotten the ok for anybody so hopefully they will get started on it so we can stay more busy.

I hope all is well with you. Deb and Big Mama are doing great! I am excited for Conference. Be sure to take notes and pay attention. We only get to hear from the Prophet and Apostles twice a year. I am so excited. I feel like I haven’t heard from them in a long time so this will be good. We passed out flyers to the members so they could give them to their non-member friends. I hope it will turn out good. I love you, stay strong and safe.

Love,

Elder Parker

Picture: (The District), (Me and Beau. He goes to the MTC next Wednesday! He goes to Russia)


No comments: