Sunday, September 6, 2009

August 24, 2009

Dear Family,

Wow, yesterday I hit my 13 month mark. 11 to go. That is so crazy how time flies. This week was a good week. Sunday was transfers and neither Elder Cortez or I got transferred so we are staying together for another six weeks. That makes me happy because I think things are starting to pick up here in Jackson.

We set a baptismal date with Sis. Greene, (Big Mama) and it went fairly well. We told her that we had been praying about this date and that we know that she can make it. She has a lot of health problems and sometimes can’t make it to church. The date is set for September 12. I pray that she will make this date and I feel like she will. I would appreciate all prayers in her behalf. We need all the divine help we can get!

We kind of lost contact with Sarah and we aren’t a hundred percent sure what to do with her. Apparently, members are pushing her too hard and she doesn’t like that at all. She knows it’s true but I don’t think that the members are treating her with love. We haven’t even asked the members for help and they keep pestering her about baptism. I hope we don’t lost her because of it. She is really solid.

I know that the Lord is blessing us. I really want success again. It is so rewarded and makes missionary work worth it! I am grateful for Christ’s atonement so we can be forgiven of our sins. I love you and hope all is well with you. Until next week!

Love,

Elder Kyle Parker

No comments: