Monday, November 30, 2009

November 16, 2009

Dear Family,


Well, today is a very sad day. I am getting transferred! I really enjoyed my time here in Jackson, Tennessee. This really is my home away from home. I have been here since June, so that is pretty much 6 months, 1/4 of my mission! It feels really weird because it is like I am going on a mission again because I am leaving loved ones. I have gotten really close to members, recent converts and investigators. It is going to be hard to leave but I know the Lord needs me elsewhere. I understand that. You just have to look at your situation and ask the Lord what he needs you to do. That goes with everything in life, not just a mission.


As I look back at the memories of Jackson, a couple of things stand out. Ada Green (aka Big Mama) was one of the first investigators that I had met. She loves to talk and she was just the sweetest lady you could ever meet. It was such an honor to baptize her and she will always be remembered.


Deb Dunham was a great one as well. She had a lot of problems financially and since she has joined the church, her life has been blessed immensely. The Lord blesses his children when they keep His commandments and Deb is an excellent example. It has been neat to see her progress in the gospel. I will miss her laughs and the good times we had.

Last of all, I will miss the Yarbrough family. They were probably the most special to me. They treated me like one of there own and for that I am really grateful. Brother and Sister Yarbrough were perfect for each other and there wasn’t a day that went by where I didn’t laugh when we were around them. They helped me through the hard times and they are really like my second family. That is why I said before, it’s like I am going on a mission again. I am leaving them and they will definitely be missed by me. Thank you Yarbrough Family!


I will miss Jackson. We had our good times and bad but I think that this will forever be my home away from home. Good bye Jackson, Tennessee.


Thank you for your love and support. I love y’all and I will tell you where I go on Wednesday. Thank you.


Love,


Elder Kyle Parker

Pictures included: (Me with Carl Perkins) , (We went to the Yarbrough’s last night and help them set up there Christmas Tree)

No comments: