Monday, November 9, 2009

November 9, 2009

Dear Family,

Hey y’all! I hope all is well with you. Another good week this has been!

We found some new investigators. There names are William and Chastity. Funny side note, they are boyfriend/girlfriend and they live together and have kids. Her name is Chastity and she is breaking the law of chastity. Ha ha. Anyway, they were once taught before and I think the lesson went really well. They asked a lot of good questions and want to know more about our church. Hopefully they will go somewhere with it.

Wednesday, we went out to the Snipes (A member family) and did some service for Sis. Snipes (who is less-active). We set up the Christmas lights and a Christmas tree. It made me miss doing that at home surprisingly enough. Sorry I am not there to help this year mom. Maybe next year!

We met with Gary Begin recently and we set a baptismal date for the 28th of November. I am excited about that. All we know is that he is a coffee drinker when it comes to the word of wisdom. Other than that, I really don’t see anything else stopping him. We are definitely praying for his success in hitting that goal. I know he can do it and I know the Lord knows he can do it. All prayers would help because he still hasn’t gotten an answer to his prayers. Thanks!

Other than that, this coming week is the last week of the transfer. I really hope that I stay here for Christmas because I have gotten close to a lot of the investigators and members here. I will go where the Lord wants me to go as always but what a blessing it would be if I could stay here one more transfer! But you can wish only so far! Haha.

I hope all is well with you. I miss you and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Thanks again for the love, support and prayers you give on my behalf. I know this work is true. Pray and seek for missionary opportunities everyday! The Lord will tell you what to do and say.

Love,

Elder Parker

Pictures included: (Two deer that we found, sorry it’s blurry), (Beautiful Tennessee Sunrise.)

No comments: