Monday, November 9, 2009

November 2, 2009

Dear Family,

I hope all is well as it is now November! It is crazy to think that in 2 months it is Christmas and I will be talking to most of you soon as well! I hope you had a fun and safe Halloween.

As a missionary, just because of holidays, the work still continues. We are working with Gary Begin still. He is doing good, he is just worried about how churches are so hypocritical. He has a good point because churches are that way including ours. The church is perfect, the people aren’t. So, he might be a little bit of a challenge. Hopefully the spirit will touch his heart and he will know it is true.

We are also working with Antonia, a lady that lives in Brownsville. She has a little 5 year old girl. She used to be taught by the other missionaries here before they left. She is skeptical and she keeps saying “Beware of False Prophets…” I can understand that but she just needs to pray about it.

Those are the top 2 investigators that we are currently working with. The ward had a Halloween party. It included food and desserts, a cake walk, Animals (Snakes, exotic animals, etc.), trunk or treat, etc. It was a lot of fun. As you can see in the pictures included, we wore our proselyting clothes on backwards. We had fun and everyone commented on how it was a good idea.

I love the gospel and I know it can help anyone in any situation. I am grateful for loving family and friends like you. I couldn’t stay out here with out your support so thank you very much! I love y’all! It’s fall, y’all!

Love,

Elder Kyle Parker

Pictures include: (The snake at the halloween party), (Our halloween costumes)

No comments: