Monday, November 30, 2009

November 30, 2009

Dear Family,

Hey, this was a good week because it included Thanksgiving. I had a lot of things to be grateful for including all y’all. I hope your Thanksgiving was fun.

Thanksgiving morning, we had a tiny turkey bowl. We were expecting a lot of people to show up but no one did. So we play a short game with who game but that is about it.

We had Thankgiving dinner at a less-actives house, The Russells. They are an older couple and they can cook good. It was yummy. Only one meal this year, thank goodness because I sure didn’t need any more food in my tummy.

I threw up once this week at the beginning of the week but I am all better now. Thank goodness for the power of prayer!

The investigators are doing fine. We taught a black lady by the name of Brianna. She is pretty solid, we just have to work on getting her to church. We are teaching others but I can’t really think of anyone at this moment.

So this Sunday I forgot that I was speaking. The branch president called my name and I totally forgot that I was speaking so I pulled out my farewell talk that I gave at home and read it. It turned out being really well! I got a lot of compliments.

I hope that all y’all have a good and safe week. I love you and miss you.

Love,

Elder Kyle Parker


No comments: