Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow, can you already believe it is February! This month will go by fast too because there is only 28 days. Well, this week is the last week of the transfer. We have 2 scheduled baptismal dates for this weekend on the 6th! I am so excited and it should turn out great. Let me tell you about them.

Zach is doing good. He is excited to get baptized on the 6th. We are hoping that the mom, Sister Taylor will be able to make it. If she doesn’t, then we will have to move the date back because Zach and Arthur want her to be able to attend which is totally understandable. I just hope that I am here when Zach and Arthur get baptized. I think I am getting transferred next week. I guess we will find out next week!

Arthur is doing good. He is quitting smoking and doing really good. He is excited to be baptized.

So, there was a bad ice storm on Friday, the day of our mission tour. Elder Packer, a member of the seventy and President Packer’s son, was our general authority. He really isn’t like his dad. Very calm and very soft and nice. Not saying that President Packer isn’t like that but you know what I mean. But the storm was pretty bad, we were going to get stuck if they hadn’t of ended the meeting early. We went over the Mississippi bridge on Thursday before the storm hit, because otherwise, the bridge would have froze over in the morning, which it did, so if we would have left in the morning, we wouldn’t have been able to go to mission tour, which would have been a bummer. But, it was good nonetheless. The Blytheville Elders area got iced out so they didn’t go back to their area until Sunday afternoon. They stayed with us in the meantime. It was fun to have them around for a couple of days. They cancelled church, which hasn't happened on my mission before, it might of happened once when I was in Pocahontas but yeah. I really don't think they should have cancelled church because by sunday morning, the roads were clear of ice. Oh well, they all need to live in Utah and experience the weather there. Ha ha :)

Other interesting stories and experiences happened this week, but I will tell you them when I get home! :) I love y’all and hope that you have a good week. Pray for me and I will also do the same for you! Thanks!


Love,


Elder Kyle Parker

No comments: