Monday, February 1, 2010

January 26, 2010 (18-Month Anniversary!)

Dear Family,

Sorry my e-mail is a day late, we had a good visit with someone on yesterday. Let me explain.

So, I got a call from Sister Yarbrough from Jackson, TN. They were coming in town and they took me and two other elders that they knew out to Lunch. We went to Longhorn Steakhouse. It was good and it was really good to be in their company again. I really did miss them and it was a lot of fun to catch up!

Saturday was my 18 month mark so I had the opportunity to burn some pants. No, mom, I didn’t burn pants I wear. I went to a flea market and bought some 5 dollar used pants. They asked me what size and I told them it didn’t matter. They told me that I needed a size because they thought I was going to wear them. I just chose a random pair and bought it. There is so way, the ones I bought would have fit me. The person I bought the pants from thought I was weird but oh well, I didn’t want to tell them I was going to burn the pants that I was buying from them. Hehe.

We also had interviews with President Drewes. It was a good interview. He answered my questions I had and then, he had bought pizza for everyone that was there. It was great!

The Taylors are doing well. Zach and Arthur still have a baptismal date for the 6th of February. I hope that they will make it because that is the last Saturday of the transfer and I don’t want to get transferred until they are baptized. Arthur is working on stopping smoking and he is doing well. He has to officially stop on Saturday if he is going to be baptized on the 6th. I will continue to pray and fast for them as I love them and want them to succeed. I know with the Lord’s help, anything is possible.

We are also trying to get things going here in West Memphis because after the Taylors are baptized, we really don’t have a whole lot going on. Hopefully we can get stuff rolling before they get baptized so we can keep working when they are baptized.

I love y’all and thank you for your love, support and prayers. I know I say this quite often but I mean it. Thank you again and may the Lord be with you this week!

Love,

Elder Kyle Parker

No comments: