Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22, 2010

Dear Family,


Hey hey hey! I hope that all y’all had a good week like I did. We had a pretty good week, let me tell you about it.


Well, we had a baptism this weekend. Her name is Sherry Kasitis. Really nice lady. The baptism was great. Her son, Conner did the ordinance. He was a little nervous and had to do it right because he said “holy spirit” instead of “holy ghost”. But he played it cool! It was just really cool to be a part of that even though I have only known them for a couple of weeks now.


We have Zone Conference this week and it is at our building so that means that we are what they call the “host Zone Leaders”. Either me or Elder Murdock will conduct and then we have to do like a 15 minute presentation to the Zones about effective commitments and how to ask good questions. I hope that I do well, and I will definitely ask the Lord for help on this one.


Kyle is doing good. He wants to get baptized sooner but he has only been to church once. He has to go to his Dad’s every other weekend. He couldn’t come to Sherry’s baptism because he had to go to his dads. Oh well, he will get baptized close to the beginning of March.


We are working on finding people. It is really hard in a rich area because tracting really gets you nowhere. The missionary squad is doing good. Still working with there people that they want to convert. We should have another ‘squad’ meeting soon!


Other than that, things are going good. I am happy and I hope y’all are too! Stay safe and thanks for the Love, support and Prayers in my behalf!


Love,


Kyle (Elder Parker)

No comments: