Monday, February 22, 2010

February 8, 2010

Dear Family,


Wow, what an amazing week. So much has happened and I have so much to tell you! So lets get started!


The baptisms of Zach Taylor and Arthur Wing both went through. They both asked me to baptize them so I did. It was such a humbling experience to do that. The baptisms went well and I didn’t have to dunk either of them twice. Phew. I would hate to do that. So I decided with the Lord’s help, that I would do it the first time. :) I thank Him very much for that. The Confirmations were done on Sunday as well. Arthur asked me to give it to him and Zach asked the Branch President, President Soto to do it. Later in the day and don’t ask me how, but both of them got the Aaronic Priesthood and they are going to the Temple this Wednesday to do Baptisms for the dead! How awesome is that! They are so solid, especially Arthur. I gave him an extra Bible that I had and he really likes it because of the footnotes to the Book of Mormon and the other books of scripture! On fire, baby!


Well, this morning, I got a call from my Mission President about 6:50 in the morning to inform me that I am getting transferred. So I am leaving West Memphis. I will miss that area, because of the members, the work and the recent converts. Later around 7:40, President Drewes called again and said that he forgot to inform me that I was going Zone Leader. So, that was a very big shock to me. I never thought I would ever be good enough to be a Zone Leader, I still don’t think that. But I trust the Lord and know that he can get me and help me through anything. I know and it already is starting to become a very humbling experience.


I am really happy right now. I am so grateful to be apart of the Lord’s soldiers. This is a tough spiritual war we are fighting, but with the Lord on our side, we already know who is going to win the battle. I love and miss y’all. I will e-mail again on Wednesday to let you know where I am and who I am serving with. Hope y’all have a good week!

Love,


Elder Parker


Pictures include: (Elder Fjerstad, Zach Taylor, Me) , (Elder Fjerstad, Arthur Wing, Me) , (Zach Taylor, Steve Taylor, Arthur Wing)

No comments: