Monday, February 22, 2010

February 16, 2010

Dear Family,


Well, the reason I am writing today is because it was Presidents day yesterday so all the Libraries were closed so yeah. Things are going good. I have made a couple of observations.


So, first of all, I heard that Arthur Wing and Zach Taylor went to the temple on last Wednesday to do baptisms for the dead. What a great experience for them. I am so excited for them.


Bartlett, Tennessee is a very rich suburb of Memphis. The city is mostly white people. It kind of reminds me of my first area. I hope that I will do well here.


We cover two wards here. Our church building that we attend is in the same parking lot as the temple so I get to see the temple very frequently. We attend the Bartlett 2nd ward. We have in the ward, what we call the missionary squad. They are a group of kids in High school who are working on some of there friends to come to church, give them a Book of Mormon or have them be taught by the missionaries. We had a meeting with them on Saturday and they gave us 16 names for us to start to work with. It is great! Solid group of kids. Never seen anything like it in any of my areas.


We are working with a couple of people. One is by the name of Sherry. She is getting baptized on Saturday, which is awesome! She is a really nice, older lady who had a son (Conner) who was baptized in December. Apparently she was impressed with her sons change that the church had made on him, that she started to come every Sunday so she has finally decided to be baptized!


Another investigator that we are working with has the name of Kyle. Kyle is also another son to Sherry and brother of Connor (The Member). He has a date for the 6th of March. He used to be an atheist but has felt the spirit to the point that he knows that God exsists and that he wants to be baptized. He is so dedicated that he bought an app on the iPod of LDS scriptures, which is great news. He is a good kid and even has my name so that makes him twice as cool!


I am enjoying my time here thus far. This will be an interesting transfer and hopefully we will find a little bit more people to teach. But we are having success which is always a good thing and I am so grateful that the Lord is able to help us with them. I love you and hope that all y’all are doing good.


Love,


Kyle (Elder Parker)

No comments: