Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 13, 2009

Dear Family,

Well dag-gum! How all yall doing? I hope well. This week is transfer week! And Elder Lyman is getting transferred. I am kind of sad because he was a good missionary and I enjoyed being with him. The Lord needs him elsewhere and I am happy for him. I am just curious who my next companion is. I guess only time will tell. At the start of this new transfer, I am excited to get things going and have success here in Jackson.

From the sounds of it, we will be the only missionaries in Jackson. We will lose a companionship. Not a hundred percent sure on that but pretty sure. At least we will have full car. Elder Wilson and Brand got back from Mountain View and Wilson went home today and Brand is with us until Wednesday at Transfer meeting.

This week was a good week. We had a lot of good lessons and what not. We talked to Sarah and had a good lesson with her. She talked to her dad about her looking into the church and fortunately she said that he is ok with it as long as she really studies it and sticks to it, which she is. So I have a feeling that she will get baptized this transfer. Yay!

Sunday was a special fireside. Brother Dennis Pegues from the Memphis 1st Ward, 2nd Councilor in the Bishopric came up to Jackson and spoke. He is a member of the churches, Genesis group. It's a group of people that are members of the church that our black. He talked about the unity of the faith and how we are all children of our heavenly father. Really good and the spirit was so strong.

I am so grateful for this gospel. What a wonderful opportunity I have to be out here serving the Lord. I love doing it. I love to help people feel the spirit and helping people come to Jesus Christ. I know that he is my savior and redeemer and that he has a plan for all of us. I know this gospel is true and I love being a missionary. I am excited to share many missionary experiences will all of you in a year.

Thanks for the love, support and prayers in my behalf. May the Lord bless you!

Love,

Elder Parker

Pictures include: 31 miles an hour. Dead serious. The mayor's wife got pulled over for going 31 miles an hour in a 30 so the mayor raised the speed limit to 31 miles an hour. Funny eh? Then the next one is Me and Elder Wilson, who went home today. Enjoy.

No comments: