Thursday, July 2, 2009

June 22, 2009

Dear Family,

What an interesting week. I am happy with it so I will tell you about it! Last Monday after I e-mailed y’all, we went over to the mortuary and stayed there quite a while because a major storm was coming. The tornado sirens were going off and it was going crazy. I recorded some of it for when I come back but it was creepy. Luckily, no tornado actually came but the fact that the sirens were going off in the town was scary.

Thursday was Zone Conference. It was spiritual and uplifting. I did learn though that we will be getting a car this week for this area so I will have full car once again. Thank you Heavenly Father!

I hope that Whitney, Rachel and Dad had good birthdays. Sorry, I wasn’t there, I am kind of busy, if you know what I mean. ;) I saw the pictures on Whitney’s blog, looks like you guys are having a great time!

We are just working with some people. Probably the biggest thing right now that we are working with is a girl named Sarah. She is praying about a date to get baptized right now. Matt, her friend, is leaving on a mission is a couple of weeks and I think she wanted him to baptize her so she has to get her answer fast if she wants him to do it. Really strong testimony though, she is one of those “golden people”.

I played basketball this last week and I am fixin’ to play it again tonight. I have been really careful with my feet but I am not that bad at basketball, I made a lot of shots and every game that I have played, I have won so it’s pretty cool. Chad, Dad and Cade, you better watch out when I come back, because I am going to whoop you in basketball. :)

Hope y’all had a great week and thanks again for your love, support and prayers. They are always needed and appreciated. I love ya!

Love,

Elder Parker

P.S.

First one is me in front of Carl Perkins. He is the original person that wrote the song "Blue Swade Shoes" and Various other songs.

Second one is when we went to a Diamond Jaxx game last week. This is the picture of the pitcher "Kyle Parker". I thought that was cool that he had the same exact name as me. :)

Third one is the Diamond Jaxx symbol.

Enjoy!

No comments: