Thursday, July 2, 2009

June 29, 2009


Dear Family,

Can you already believe it is July!?!?! Wow, time sure is going by really fast! It is crazy to think that one year ago, I was stressing about getting ready to go on a mission. It’s hard to believe I have almost been out a year. Don’t worry, I am not going to officially say anything until it happens. And yes, I will burn a white shirt! (No, not one I own, I will get it at a goodwill.

Tuesday was District meeting with the whole district. The Zone Leaders were there as well, so we had a big group. We learned a lot from the district and it was a really spiritual meeting. I thought that it went really well. I was very impressed with the outcome of the meeting.

We had a good lesson with Sarah Purcell, a girl that we are teaching. She has a strong testimony but she is still waiting on her parents. I think something is going on with her grandma so I don’t know if that will slow down things or if we will even get to meet her.

Matt Moore, a member here in Jackson, is going on his mission next week. He spoke on Sunday and did a really good job. All I know is that he kind of has a bad past and that people are really surprised at his turn around in his life. I am proud of him, he is a really good kid. We played Frisbee golf this morning with him and his friend. It was fun. I am not really good at that game though. Oh well! They had a big party on Saturday for him that that was neat for him

Other than that, I am excited for 4th of July. This is will be my first one on the mission. We are trying to get some more things going on but things are going just a little slow for now. I hope all is well with y’all, I love ya and thanks for your prayers, love and support. God bless y’all and America!

Love,

Elder Kyle Parker

P.S.
Here is a picture of Me and Matt Moore, the missionary that is going on his mission. Here is us playing frisbee golf!

No comments: